Thank You for a Knockout Year!
Thursday, December 21 2017
Before a boxing match, you never know exactly what is going to happen. Being in the ring feels like being naked: you are under the lights and stripped of excuses. You either execute your game plan or you don’t; there is no place to hide. The only thing you can know for certain is whether you prepared to the best of your abilities and are ready for the challenge right in front of you. You must be willing to give it your all and leave everything you have in the ring.
As I reflect back on 2017, I am proud to say the H4H community (fighters, supporters, volunteers, and staff) left absolutely EVERYTHING in the ring and has continued to grow. Below are just a few of the many accomplishments we have achieved together:
- We raised $2,000,000 for cancer research, care, awareness, and survivorship (close to $8,000,000 total)
- We granted critical support to over 20 cancer-related organizations
- We provided a life-changing journey to 92 fighters, resulting in their first sanctioned fight and the opportunity to have raised thousands of dollars to KO cancer
- We hosted 24 cancer patients and survivors as ring-card girls at our signature boxing events
- We established new and meaningful relationships with our generous corporate partners & boxing gyms
None of these feats would be possible without YOU!
Thank you to our fighters for their blood, sweat, tears, and time. Thank you to the trainers for your hard work in the gyms and commitment to our fighters. Thank you to everyone who has supported H4H over the past year and years prior. 2017 has been one for the record books, and I could not be more excited for the big things to come in 2018 and beyond.
Happy Holidays to you and yours, thank you for your continued support, and above all else, always remember that NOT EVERY FIGHT ENDS AT THE BELL!